We do not adopt to families with children under the age of 5
Additionally, we will not adopt beyond a 5-6 hour geographic driving radius of mid-coast Maine.
Thank you for your interest in adopting a rescue dog. Our intention is to make the best match between you and your new family member as possible. The mission of Puppy Love, Inc. is to save dogs from likely death in high kill, overcrowded shelters, as well as providing new loving homes to pets surrendered as a result of natural or man-made disasters. Please complete this application in order for us to find the right match for both you and your rescue dog.
The adoption fee is $395 which helps cover the costs of spay/neuter, veterinary checks and vaccinations, medical treatment as necessary and transportation. Our dogs are rescues from Louisiana and exposed to contagious diseases including Parvo, Distemper and Heartworm. Every dog has been quarantined for a minimum of 14 days, examined by a vet, treated for known diseases and provided a health certificate for transport and adoption. They are typically in foster homes for several weeks prior to adoption. Despite our best efforts, we cannot guarantee their health.
Please note the following Puppy Love adoption policies:
- Applicants must be at least 23 years old and head of household.
- All members of the household must agree to the adoption and all pets must be neutered or spayed.
- Anyone renting or leasing must have landlord’s permission before an adoption can be approved.
- We prefer that applicants have lived at their current address for at least six months. This allows owners time to settle in to their new surroundings and establish a routine before bringing a pet into the home. Please remember that any time of transition is probably not a good time to adopt a pet.
- Because young puppies require intensive training and care, we do not place puppies younger than six months of age in a home where someone is consistently absent from the home for long periods of time.
- Due to potential injury and behavior/training concerns, we are very cautious when placing dogs younger than six months in homes with children under the age of 8. Puppies and kittens chew, scratch and nip, and children may be unintentionally rough as well.
- Due to higher adoption failure rates, we do not adopt to homes with children under the age of 5.
Please answer all questions below and then press the submit button to send us your application. A copy of your submission will be e-mailed to you.